Tuesday 28 July 2020

Listening Stations and Guided Reading Ideas



Listening Stations

These are a great way to engage all learners in reading, but I find they are particularly useful for SEN and EAL student. They can help build independence and promote a love of reading in those who can find it most difficult.
Title Page
Title Page


In the class room I use my pocket chart and fill it with QR code reading books. I book per square.


 You could add these to the see-through part of the chart and add objects behind, such as small puppet, decorated pegs or spoons to match the story.

As part of GR children can access the resources independently or in any others times they are able to read such as continuous provision.

I also use GR packs I have created for each story.

These contain:

  • Title Page
  • Book
  • Sequencing Books
  • Activities related to the story
  • Task Management Board
  • Characters, e.g. Puppets, cut outs or spoons
Children can work through this pack independently and use a task management board if needed. I would generally use the same pack until the children is confident with the story, then rotate with other packs.

Details are inside the pack which can be downloaded here:


Stay Tuned for further updates on how we have used them in the classroom.


Please get in touch and let me know how you like to use QR Codes, I will keep updating this post with further help or information.
Contact Details:
Twitter: @Tonihammy
Facebook: Tonihammys Computing and Teaching
Email: ToniHammycomputing@gmail.com
Youtube: ToniHammy


No comments:

Post a Comment